Modified 8 rules for women
I have had to make a few adjustment to my post for as I was reading through it I was struck by this , these rules can also apply to young men as well, however being male they may never admit they need the advice: For to admit to a weakness is not a male trait,but not accepting or admitting one needs help is the surest sign of a fool.
May you be blessed and I do thank you.
To all daughters’ young women all: The desire to love, to be loved, knows no boundaries nor is it restricted by age:
I can not nor will I judge you, your friends or anyone. I can however tell you what I have learned; And I can offer these eight rules and the following comments on each of them:
1. Once a jerk; he is always a jerk, this applies to women also.
2. You can not change anyone, only your self
3.Once you realize rules one and two are true, happy and free of guilt you can be
4. If he loves you, he will do all he can to make you happy,
This means he is selfless and giving; up lifting you; giving you proper honor and respect
5. If he tells you do this or that, because you love him,
Then he is selfish, self-centered. He (she) should be doing all this for you
6. If you have had to give of your self to keep him,
That is lust and again, selfish of him, porn counts as a form of adultery, for what one thinks is what one does.
7. If he desires you and says wait!
Count him as a saint and a selfless man of God, (this applies to you as well.)
Now number 8 is for all new beginnings:
8. My dear daughters, for you all good things will come; here is how.
To those who pray and patiently wait upon the lord.
Now for my comments on the rules:
1. Most people do not change; they put on an appearance of change,
to acquire what they desire. Read rule 1 above.
2. Most young women such as your self, feel they can change or aid in the change of the man; they feel for. Refer back to rule 2 above. (In today’s world men feel this way about certain women also?)
3. Most young men desire (lust) and will use the line if you love me, you will do this for me.
Again refer back to rule 5.
4. Those who realize there is a problem will:
Step back and seek good counsel,
However most avoid the best counsel; those with wisdom,
who should you ask:
Parents, grandparents and your Minister. I must stress never rely on your friends for wisdom, for true wisdom comes from age and experience. Your friends will feed your ego, They will over look your real needs.
For myself I always went to my father and asked him. I valued his advice and counsel. Sometimes I did not agree, for it went against how I felt, yet it was always the right way to go. My grand fathers said always learn from others mistakes; do not in haste make a choice you will regret. My Father has passed away now, but he would say to you as I do now: step back and go to your parents. Wait and remember never allow someone to pressure you to make a choice in haste.
Refer to rule eight on the list, rest on it. I have advised my own daughter with this same advice. It sounds hard, but get a good education, a good job and then let God find your husband for you. It will happen, all in good time; may you be blessed.
About rules: 5 and 6. Neither has the right to these things. They are for your future spouses only. This same holds true for both men and women. Men you have no right to take away that which is not yours, ladies you can not nor should you give up or give away that which is promised to your future spouse.